Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Assignment 1

a. Have you ever made art? What kind of art do you like?
  • The most recent art that I have created with clay in the fourth grade. The kind of art that I like is paintings.
b. Have made a drawing, painting, sculpture?
  • I had attempted drawing and painting (I failed miserably).
c. Have you ever been to a museum, gallery, or artist studio?
  • I have never been to a museum, gallery or artist studio but I would love to go given the opportunity.
d. Have you ever been to a play, opera, art film?
  • I have been to a few plays in my lifetime but I have never experienced opera or art film.
e. Do you dance?
  • I "attempt" to dance. I thoroughly enjoy attempting to dance.
f. Under what conditions do you learn the most?
  • I learn the most under relaxed, slow paced conditions. I don't feel comfortable in fast paced situations.
g. Why are you taking this class?
  • I am taking this class because it seems like a very interesting elective that is required for my major which is English/Secondary Education.
h. Have you ever looked at  anything really and been moved by what your eyes see?
  • Yes, when I look a the beach at night. The water and the moon can be really relaxing.
i. What inspires you?
  • My family really inspire me. They are very inspirational and supportive.
j. Do you consider that movies are a form of art? How about video games, Comics, Television?
  • yes, I feel that anyway that one can express themselves is a form of art.
k. Who decides what is good art?
  • It's all subjective. What may be good art to one person could be completely different from another person.
l. When you debate music with your friends what are your critical elements or standards to which you hold the music to?
  • I usually hold the music to the standards that I have set already in my head. I would be more receptive to music that I like.
m. What was the best movie you saw last year?
  • Inception
n. What is an Art Film?
  • Art Film is a film that is made for a more underground audience and not for so much for the mainstream. 

o. What music is in your ipod or mp3 player, car, albums? 
  • Most of the music in my iPod is hip hop. My favorite artist is Jay-Z so he takes up most of my iPod. 

No comments:

Post a Comment